Founded in 1978, The ESOP Association is the national association of companies with employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) and service providers with a professional commitment to employee ownership through ESOPs.
- The Association represents approximately 1,400 ESOP companies.
- According to the DOL there are approximately 200 ESOP companies in IA and NE.
- Approximately 99% of Iowa-Nebraska members are privately held companies.
- The total number of plan participants in Iowa and Nebraska is more than 35,000 with an average employee owner participant count for ESOP Association company members of 180 ESOP participants.
- The average age of ESOPs in IA and NE ESOP companies is 17 years.
- ESOP companies in IA and NE are, on average 53% employee owned, with 16% being 100% employee owned.
For information on membership and a member application form, go to: http://www.esopassociation.org/about-the-association/join